Resources in our Network
You are not alone
Help is available
At Howard Brown, we understand the impact sexual assault has on our community, and we are proud to offer the first holistic LGBTQ specific sexual assault program in the nation.
We are committed to the hard work, tough conversations, accountability, and healing. No longer can we remain silent. We support you – in health, in pride, and In Power.
Howard Brown Health’s In Power Program provides free and confidential: medical services, medical advocacy, legal advocacy, and behavioral health services for survivors of sexual and intimate partner violence.
These services include:
- MEDICAL SERVICES: STI testing, STI treatment, emergency contraception, full body exam
- MEDICAL FORENSIC EXAM/RAPE KIT: evidence collection up to 7 days after an assault (beginning 2/15)
- MEDICAL ADVOCACY: case management, crisis intervention, support in meeting day-to-day needs, referrals and linkage to community resources
- LEGAL ADVOCACY: order of protection, support in court for issues impacted by sexual assault
- BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: individual therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and groups
Currently, our sexual assault services are available in person at Sheridan Rd and 63rd St or via telehealth. But you can receive your medical care at any Howard Brown location.
NURSING AND MEDICAL CARE
773-388-1600 (ext. 2839) OR (ext. 2963)
IN POWER BEHAVIORAL HEALTH & SUPPORT GROUP SERVICES
773-388-1600 ext. 4767
Comprehend the key objectives of the Illinois Department of Human Services ProtocolDemonstrate an understanding of essential PAIP curriculum components Exhibit an understanding of an effective group process with appropriate co-facilitation skills Understand and gain the tools to engage with difficult participants Be familiar with PAIP Requirements and Reporting This virtual PAIP training meets the DHS training requirement for PAIP staff; however, participants in this virtual training will be unable to use this training towards CPAIP certification, as ICDVP has not approved virtual trainings. CPAIP certification is voluntary and not required to run PAIP programming.
Subscribe to Our Newsletters
Sign up to receive policy updates, information about trainings,
and other news from The Network.