SHALVA has an opening for an MSW/LPC to provide direct counseling for survivors of domestic abuse using a trauma informed, culturally sensitive approach. Prior experience providing individual therapy required, group therapy a plus. Familiarity with domestic violence and crisis intervention desired. This is a minimum 20 hour per week position, which includes at least one day with early evening hours. SHALVA is currently using a hybrid model with some in-office time expected. Clinical sessions are over the phone, virtual and in person, depending on client and staff schedules. This position reports directly to the Clinical Director.
This position will carry a caseload of approximately 8-10 active clients per week utilizing a feminist model approach to provide trauma informed therapy to individual clients. Additionally, the therapist will be responsible for establishing and leading 1-2 support groups. After each session written client notes and database reporting are required. SHALVA provides weekly individual and group supervision with the clinical director as well as opportunities for continuing professional education.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- MSW/LPC required, licensed Master’s level clinician (LCSW or LCPC) preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience
- A working knowledge of domestic violence and crisis intervention a plus
- Experience with trauma informed therapy preferred
- Time Management – effectively manage fluctuating caseloads to meet client needs
- Communication (written and verbal) – exchange and provide information both within and outside of the Agency in a professional manner
- Technical – proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Compassion – ability to address sensitive and/or challenging issues calmly and effectively
- Flexibility – ability to interface comfortably and confidently with a broad range of individuals
This can be a part-time (20 hours minimum) or full-time position. Annual salary range $35,000-$70,000 contingent upon time commitment and commensurate with experience. Available benefits include health, life, and disability insurance; generous paid leave, flexible work schedules, FSA, cell phone stipend, and a 401(k) plan with an employer match component after one year.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (No calls please)
SHALVA’s Mission Statement and History
Founded on the principle that every Jewish woman has the right to be safe in her personal relationship with her partner, SHALVA’s mission is to support Jewish women experiencing and healing from domestic abuse through counseling, supportive services, and community education. Rooted in Jewish values and founded in 1986, the agency provides free domestic abuse counseling for adult women in the Chicago Jewish community. SHALVA is the oldest independent Jewish domestic abuse agency in the United States and has been instrumental in facilitating national and international dialogues on the specific needs of Jewish families experiencing domestic violence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com