Website Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Coordinate and provide services, including crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, case management, and community referrals, to adult survivors of domestic violence. Supervise Pilsen Domestic Violence Counselor. Promote awareness of domestic violence and services within Pilsen and surrounding community.
REPORTS TO: Senior Domestic Violence Program Director
LOCATION: Pilsen Headquarters
- Engage adult survivors of domestic violence in trauma-informed, bilingual/bicultural services under Mujeres’ Domestic Violence Program.
- Provide short-term individual counseling of at least 10-12 sessions to adult survivors on caseload
- Provide group counseling services to adult survivors
- Conduct assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for survivors enrolled in services
- Provide case management, crisis intervention, community referrals, and advocacy to survivors
- Provide administrative and clinical supervision to Pilsen Domestic Violence Counselor
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation of client services
- Submit reports as needed
- Advocate on behalf of Latinas and survivors through collaboration with community partners, and participation in advisory groups and other coalitions that focus on the issue of domestic violence
- Support efforts to promote awareness of domestic violence, including participation in Domestic Violence Awareness Month and other community events
- Create and strengthen relationships with service providers in Pilsen and surrounding communities
- Participate in staff training sessions, in-services, staff meetings, clinical supervision, and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and enhance job skills
- Uphold professional ethical standards
- Other tasks as assigned by the DV Program Senior Director
- Bachelor’s degree required in social services or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), bicultural required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in gender-based violence preferred
- 40-Hour ICADV domestic violence training preferred
- $52,000-$59,000 annually
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
To apply for this job please visit mujereslatinasenaccion.org.