Website Mujeres Latinas en Accion
TITLE: Domestic Violence Counselor
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, case management, and community referrals to adult survivors of domestic violence. Position located at Pilsen headquarters office.
REPORTS TO: Senior Domestic Violence Director
- Engage adult survivors of domestic violence in trauma-informed, bilingual/bicultural services under Mujeres’ Domestic Violence Program
- Provide short-term individual counseling of at least 10-12 sessions to adult survivors on caseload
- Provide group counseling services to adult survivors
- Conduct assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for survivors enrolled in services
- Provide case management, crisis intervention, community referrals, and advocacy to survivors.
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation of client services
- Submit reports as needed
- Advocate on behalf of Latinas and survivors through collaboration with community partners, and participation in advisory groups and other coalitions that focus on the issue of domestic violence
- Supports efforts to promote awareness of domestic violence, including participation in Domestic Violence Awareness Month and other community events
- Participate in MLEA staff training sessions, in-services, staff meetings, clinical supervision, and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and enhance job skills
- Uphold professional ethical standards
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Domestic Violence Director
· Bachelor’s degree required in social services or related field
· Bilingual (English/Spanish), bicultural required
· Effective interpersonal skills
· Prior experience in gender-based violence preferred
· 40-Hour ICADV domestic violence training preferred
· Salary range $41,000-$46,000 annually
Interested applicants, please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Pernini, Senior Domestic Violence Director, at email@example.com.
Please note, this position is funded through a 3-year grant; employment beyond this timeframe is contingent upon grant renewal.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
To apply for this job please visit mujereslatinasenaccion.org.