MFS empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive.
Metropolitan Family Services is now hiring for a full-time Court Advocacy Program Supervisor to join our Midway Team!
$2,500 Signing Bonus for first time employees with MFS! ($500 on or around the 2nd paycheck, $1,000 after completing six months of employment, and final payment of $1,000 after 1 year of employment)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Supervision of the Court Advocacy Services at the Centralized Domestic Violence Court in Chicago.
* Supervises and coordinates all aspects of the programs including items related to service, community groups and personnel matters.
* Responsible for maintaining quality and quantity of services. Keeps abreast of client service needs and participates in planning for them. Uses advanced advocacy and negotiation techniques to change positions of adverse parties and favorably resolve issues for clients or staff.
* Responsible for all personnel matters within program including hiring, on-boarding, employee relations, performance improvement, assigning, and terminating of staff. Identifies and develops leadership potential of program staff.
Writes program’s annual and long-range plans.
* Recommends program budget to the Director.
* Works with funders and agency staff on completing grant reports, looking for new opportunities, and applying for new and renewal grants.
* Serves on program, agency-wide, city and countywide committees that further the cause of domestic violence and the goals of the program.
* Assures appropriate integrations of multi-service, multi-disciplinary, and systems approach to program.
* Works collaboratively with community agencies, organizations, and institutions and communicates with attorneys, judicial officers, government officials, and others as necessary.
* Develops and maintains contacts with community groups relating to program needs.
Works collaboratively with other program supervisors to carry out goals and look for other opportunities for program development.
* Master’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field with 5 years of administrative responsibility and supervisory experience post-MA, preferred;
* OR Juris Doctor in Law from an accredited college or university, preferred;
* OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field with 8 years of administrative responsibility and supervisory experience post-BA, required.
* Supervisors who supervise Social Workers must have an LCSW or LCPC and five years post-Master’s experience.
* Employment with MFS requires proof of vaccination or an approved Medical exemption, required.
* Other certification or licensure as required.
* Mobility for travel.
* 40 Hours Domestic Violence Training required or must be completed upon hire.
* Must become CDVP Certified within 1 year of employment.
* Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
* MFS staff are required to provide proof of vaccination or have an approved Medical exemption prior to starting employment. If an approved Medical is obtained, weekly testing is required.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
* Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
* Dental and Vision Insurance Options
* 11 paid Holidays
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* 401K Plan
* Training and Professional Development Plan with E-Learning
* Wellness Initiative Program
* Employee Assistance Network
* Verbal and Written Communication-Advanced Skills Preferred
* Analytical Skills-Advanced Skills Preferred
* Interpersonal Skills-Advanced Skills Preferred
* Organizational Skills-Advanced Skills Preferred
* Bachelor’s or better in Social Work or related field required
* Juris Doctor or better in Law or related field preferred
* Master’s or better in Social Work or related field preferred
8 years of experience as a program supervisor with increasing levels of responsibility required
Licenses & Certifications:
* Lic Clin Prof Coun preferred
* Lic Clinical Social Work preferred
* Domes Viol 40-hour Train required (may be provided after hire)
* IL Cert Domes Viol Professional certification required within 1 year of hire
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.