Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Family Services
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 117,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Case Manager to join the Legal Aid Society’s Elder & Disability Justice Initiative!
LAS’S Elder & Disability Justice Initiative provides legal services to clients who are elderly and/or living with a disability and who have been abused, exploited, or neglected. The case manager will work with an attorney and paralegal to provide case management services to clients who are elder and/or living with a disability and have experienced domestic violence, including but not limited to support related to employment and education, life skills training, crisis intervention, advocacy and support with involvement with the legal system, and assessment and referrals to needed resources. .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts thorough assessment of clients. Evaluates problem and service needs.
- Develops a written client service plan specifying goals to be achieved and services to be pursued.
- Supplements service plans to meet client needs.
- Provides, as appropriate, supportive help, advocacy and case management to individuals and families in coping with environment and interpersonal relationship issues.
- Works collaboratively with community resources. Develops a knowledge of resources and helps clients to utilize them.
- Works within contract, grant, and program requirements including meeting timelines and reporting requirements.
- Reassess and monitors client situation and adequacy of service plan.
- Collaborates and participates with other program staff in the planning and implementation of service plans.
- Subsequent to consultation with supervisor, handles emergency and crisis situations within target population.
- With supervisory approval, authorizes limited amounts of financial assistance to own clients.
- May work with community groups.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience required, ideally experience aiding survivors of domestic violence or sexual assault, or the elderly/people living with a disability.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent writing, record-keeping, organizational, and communications skills.
- Staff who primarily serve victims of domestic violence must, upon hire, enroll for training and receive a 40-Hour Domestic Violence Certification within12 weeks of employment.
MFS staff are required to provide proof of vaccination or have an approved Medical exemption prior to starting employment. IF approved Medical exemption is obtained, weekly testing is required.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time, frequently talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle and operate objects or controls, and occasionally stand, bend, stretch, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing and viewing a computer terminal.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Compensation is commensurate with years of related experience, position requirements, and candidate qualifications. The average salary for the position is $43,706.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/
- HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 12 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.