ChicagoCAC employees are expected to perform their job duties and act in a manner consistent with the Core Values of the organization.
The Education Specialist position conducts ChicagoCAC prevention education activities, community outreach, and professional trainings and supports the activities of the Education, Outreach, and Prevention (EOP) department. Duties include providing prevention education sessions, preparing, planning, tracking data, and reporting on program activities. This position has the possibility of a hybrid schedule with some days in-person in the office in Chicago or in-person in the field in Chicago, and some days working remotely at home.
• Organize, facilitate and/or conduct prevention education programming for professionals, community members and parents about child sexual abuse prevention, internet safety, ChicagoCAC’s services, trauma-informed sexual abuse response and mandated reporting
• Assist in development of prevention and education curriculum and disseminate materials as needed, including development of PowerPoint slides, webinar content and other written material
• Participate in internal workgroups related to prevention at ChicagoCAC as needed
• Promote trauma resiliency during education sessions and throughout work tasks to foster a trauma informed environment
• Assist in oversight of tracking program activities and prepare periodic reports
• Represent ChicagoCAC at prevention education meetings, training collaborations, coalitions, and events
• Schedule and book prevention education sessions made by online requests and maintain schedule of education sessions
• Maintain and organize files and folders, both physical and electronic in Microsoft Teams and Share Point
• Assist with activities related to ChicagoCAC’s community coalitions as directed
• Assist in the planning and coordination of annual Child Abuse Prevention Month and Sexual Assault Awareness Month activities
• Coordinate, facilitate and/or conduct trainings for ChicagoCAC staff and multidisciplinary team members
• Assist with planning and coordination of ChicagoCAC’s symposia series
• Conduct tours of ChicagoCAC as requested
• Assist EOP department administratively as requested
• Additional duties as required by EOP Director
The Education Specialist has a low-level range of discretion and independent decision-making.
The Education Specialist will not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The Education Specialist works closely with the Director, program staff, Development department, ChicagoCAC’s partner agencies, as well community agencies and organizations for which trainings are provided.
Minimum requirement of bachelor’s degree in human service field, master’s degree preferred. Experience in prevention education, professional outreach and/or training is required, and experience in the sexual violence and/or child welfare is required. Strong organizational and task-oriented skills required. Familiarity with children’s advocacy center model, Chicago’s healthcare, school and/or social service settings desirable. Ability to work effectively within Chicago’s diverse communities. Must be highly professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed. Must have a reliable means of transportation to access community.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.