Website Center for Advancing Domestic Peace
Domestic Violence Prevention Agency
The Center for Advancing Domestic Peace seeks a part-time Finance Manager to provide leadership and guidance in everyday financial activities and provide advice and guidance to management on financial planning and reporting. The Finance Manager will report to the Executive Director and serve as a member of the Leadership Team and will hold responsibility for ensuring fiscal practices, policies and procedures adhere to all accounting, legal, and grant monitoring requirements.
Make a difference – join our team of committed staff members working to intervene in and prevent intimate partner violence. www.advancingdomesticpeace.org
A minimum of a BA in accounting or related field. MBA, CPA, or advanced degree in related field preferred. 3 to 5 years of related professional experience preferably with a non-profit organization. Candidates must provide three (3) references, a resume, cover letter and submit to a background check prior to employment.
· Exceptional organizational abilities
· Advanced Computer skills including advanced proficiency in Quick Books, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher Skills in writing and working with statistical data
· Thorough understanding of finance and accounting policies and practices
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
· A strategic thinker who thrives on problem solving, and takes an energetic, proactive approach to meeting organizational needs
· Keen analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information to make recommendations to management to ensure the financial health of the organization
· Monitor government and foundation grant accounting, ensure that program expenditures are consistently aligned with budgets; anticipate program budget modifications; and prepare the monthly grant reimbursement reports
· Verify Budget Balances and ensure all expense checks processed are properly coded and posted in QuickBooks.
· Prepare monthly fiscal grant reports for management review to include analysis, where appropriate, on the utilization of funds
· Prepare organization financials for grant applications
· Maintain grant award and budget documents from Grantor in proper files
· Ensure accurate accounting resources for receipts and/or disbursements meet the requirements of all funding sources
· Retrieve data from QuickBooks and Prepare Grant Reimbursement Requests
· Prepare grant budget re- allocation requests, as needed
· Prepare and enter Payroll for all employees in Payroll system.
· Verify grant budgets to ensure proper posting of all payroll charges to appropriate programs
· Process Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions in accordance with non-profit standard procedures
· Prepare check requests, and debit requests; distribute checks
· Process all disbursements through Quick Books bill payment module
· Coordinate with Executive Director and/or Associate Director to get all checks signed
· Administers purchase orders, and all check requests
· Keep records essential for control, evaluation, and reporting
· Maintain financial/accounting records in an “Audit Ready” manner
· Maintains and update records of fiscal transactions in QuickBooks; posts payments and refunds received to appropriate account or cost center
· Answers correspondence, phone, and electronic mail concerning procedures or inquiries on the processing of payments; contacts vendors about items not received on outstanding purchase orders and keeps Executive Director informed of pending correspondence.
· Assists Associate Director in maintaining annual insurance policy renewal process and audits
· Reconcile monthly bank statements, account statements, credit cards, payroll
· Perform month-end close procedures and prepare journal entries for monthly credit card payments, interest income, investment accounts, and payroll
· Work with the external auditor with the successful completion of the year-end audit and applicable tax forms
· Assists Associate Director in managing the payroll process, time keeping, vacation time and sick leave in payroll system.
· Assists Associate Director in maintaining employee files for compliance for grant compliance documents
· Assists in Managing Worker’s Compensation program including annual audit
Equal Opportunity Employer
Center for Advancing Domestic Peace is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. The Center encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals of all races, colors, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, ages, national origins, marital statuses, disabilities, and veteran status backgrounds.
Job Types: Part-time – 25-32 hours per week, virtual and in-office, flexible schedule, Hourly pay rate negotiable
All Covid-19 precautions are in place in our office setting.
Resumes and Cover letter to: Christine Call, Executive Director, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org