- This event has passed.
March 40 Hour Domestic Violence Training
March 10 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, repeating until March 11, 2020
The 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training is the state-required certificate training for new domestic violence professionals, including volunteers and interns. It is a stepping-stone for individuals who will be working directly with victims and survivors, and is the necessary first step to becoming an Illinois Certified Domestic Violence Professionals (ICDVP). The Network is an ICDVP approved training and supervision site.
The Network’s 40-Hour is considered a model training program. Evidence-based popular education is practiced throughout, and all sessions are led by a team of local experts that use strengths-based and trauma-informed approaches. The training begins by grounding professionals in the philosophical frameworks of the gender-based violence movement. Skill-building activities help participants engage in not only intervention strategies, but models of prevention and transformation. Participants will leave with a comprehensive understanding of domestic violence, and the best practices to safely and appropriately respond to victims and survivors. Individuals must attend all required sessions in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Topics covered include:
- Foundations & Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- IDVA & other Legal Concerns
- Empowerment Advocacy & Counseling
- Safety Planning & Basic Crisis Intervention
- Partner Abuse Intervention Strategies
- Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
- Social justice topics including: reproductive rights, housing instability, disability justice and criminalization
- Teen Dating Violence
- Mental Wellness & Substance Use Issues
- Heterosexism & Domestic Violence in LGBTQI+ Relationships
- Vicarious Trauma & Compassion Fatigue
- And much more!
- Non-Members: $350
- Members: $250
- Volunteers/Students of Members: $200
- IDHS Funded DV Agencies: $0 (Visit bit.ly/dv-idhs to see if you qualify)