- This event has passed.
June Virtual 40 Hour Domestic Violence Training
June 2, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until June 18, 2020
The 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training is the state-required certificate training for new domestic violence professionals, including volunteers and interns.
The Network’s 40-Hour is considered a model training program. Evidence-based popular education is practiced throughout, and all sessions are led by a team of local experts that use strengths-based and trauma-informed approaches. The training begins by grounding professionals in the philosophical frameworks of the gender-based violence movement. Skill-building activities help participants engage in not only intervention strategies, but models of prevention and transformation. Participants will leave with a comprehensive understanding of domestic violence, and the best practices to safely and appropriately respond to victims and survivors. Individuals must attend all required sessions in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Topics covered include:
- Foundations & Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- IDVA & other Legal Concerns
- Empowerment Advocacy & Counseling
- Safety Planning & Basic Crisis Intervention
- Partner Abuse Intervention Strategies
- Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
- Social justice topics including: reproductive rights, housing instability, disability justice and criminalization
- Teen Dating Violence
- Mental Wellness & Substance Use Issues
- Heterosexism & Domestic Violence in LGBTQI+ Relationships
- Vicarious Trauma & Compassion Fatigue
- And much more!
- Non-Members: $350
- Members: $250
- Volunteers/Students of Members: $200
- IDHS Funded DV Agencies: $0 (Visit bit.ly/dv-idhs to see if you qualify)